Thursday, August 17, 2006

Snap Judgments


First impressions are usually a good barometer of how things might go in the long run, so in keeping with the snotty, bitchy (and fabulous!) tone of last night's season premiere of LB, here are some snap judgments on Season 3.

Tessa: Meh. The New York Times had it right when they said: "That narrator in the third season of 'Laguna Beach' is like, so lame." The author continues and says: "Tessa Keller simply introduces too much reality to the otherworldly fantasy of perpetual sunshine that has driven the show so far. Besides, she’s boring. Sure, sometimes, as in movies and novels, unpopular girls are secretly noble, sophisticated and brilliant, but sometimes — we have to admit — they’re just uncool. "

Kyndra: Love. Her. But at the same time (despite being almost a full decade older than her), she scares me a little. I can't wait to see her scheming and plotting-- which I think will put Kristin's machinations to shame.

Cami: As my boyfriend said, "classic sidekick". I don't think she'll be the Alex H. of the season, because really any girl who went with Jason to prom has to be interesting, but I'm interested to see her play Princess Bee to Kyndra's Queen Bee.

Cameron: Has VERY white teeth. And I think that's it.

Jessica: Ohhh, Jessica. Have you learned nothing? I cringed watching her date with Cameron. It's the FIRST DATE, Jess! Don't talk about feelings or commitment or your exes! Talk about cute, flirty things. FYI: emotional abuse is NOT cute and flirty. Sigh.

Season 2 Girls: Love, love, loved seeing them be catty about Jason and Lauren and Kristin. Think they'll drop in once in awhile to impart some old-school wisdom on the youngsters? Or even to just illuminate us on what happened with Alex H. and Kristin?

Also, when Alex M. walked into dinner singing "L-O, L-O, L-O-V-E", did anyone else have flashbacks of her walking into the beauty parlor last season singing "This s**t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S"...Or was that just me?

So, hot stuffs, tell me your thoughts in the comments, and I'll keep posting all of the new information that's out there today, K?

Oops! Totally forgot Breanna...but I guess that kind of says it all, eh?

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Tori Bella said...

Kyndra & Cami: Wow, Mean Girls seriously taken too far. Jessica's still a psycho and now a statutory rapist.
I know I'm supposed to like Tessa and all but I don't really care one way or the other.
Yay for the return of Alex H!!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Totally agree about Tessa. BO-RING. And her friend Rock-quel? Something creeps me out about her. I see them as the highschool drama club or band geeks or whatnot, except sadly they don't even seem smart nor the kids of girls to make it college and 'find themselves' and leave high school heirarcy behind. But season 3 will all be worth it for Kyndra and Cami. Love those two.

And I feel kind of bad for Breanna. She is nowhere near even close to being as pretty as her big sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home